When you have a special wedding anniversary coming up you might want to throw a party. Of course you must set out everything well before the time.
To give you hints about making your wedding anniversary party a success, you can use the tips below.
- Invitations: When you are inviting people to your wedding anniversary party don’t leave it too late. People always have other plans so if you want a good turn up make sure your invitations go out at least 2 months before the party. Three months would be even better.
- Use Mementoes: A wedding anniversary is all about celebrating the partnership of two people in love. You can make the celebration special by including mementos from your life together.
These can be photos, actual physical items like sea shells or your special wedding song. You can use the mementoes to decorate and also include them in the invitations.
- Anniversary Favors: For great wedding anniversary favors for your guests you can use a few ideas from wedding favors. You can create your own favors like crafts or make seed packets. You can give little chocolates inside a cute box, or even get little favors made and personalized for each guest.
- Catering and the Bar: With the food and the bar you will have to get catering companies in to help if the venue is held in a marquee or at your home. You can choose to have it in a restaurant in which case the food might be cheaper.
The bar can be a cash bar if you are in a restaurant or hotel. If you are hosting the party, then you will need to hire in bars and staff. You can keep the costs down by just serving wine and beers. At a sit down affair you can get bottles of champagne for the tables.
- Music and Dancing: People love to dance and party, so to have a successful party you should hire in a DJ and sound equipment. They also usually come with lights that are also for hire. You are not looking at a huge cost for this.
The music you want might be more like background music. You can still hire a DJ to do this for you, or you can use the restaurant or hotel. Bear in mind that you need to have a PA system for speeches so getting a DJ is probably a good idea anyway.
- Speeches: At weddings and wedding anniversary parties you will find that people tend to get carried away with the speeches. While speeches are fun and allow you to say thanks to everyone, you must make sure that they are short and simple. For a good timing for speeches, keep them to 2 minutes.
- Themes: There are many themes that you can use for your wedding anniversary party. You can go with the year you were married. This means you could have a 50’s, 60’s, 70’s or 80’s theme.
You can choose colors for the theme, or you can also pick something that is special to you both. This can be a place like the sea or more specific as in a country you like to visit.
Your wedding anniversary is a special occasion that you should plan with care. I hope you found these tips helpful.