- May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall soft upon your field
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand
– Celtic Blessing
- To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment. – George Lansdowne
- May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. – Irish Blessing
- Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. – Charles M. Schulz
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. – Henry David Thoreau
- So sorry that you’re leaving
You’ll be missed ever so much
Good luck in the future
And please stay in touch
- Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell. – Emily Dickinson
- Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? – Unknown
- The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning. – Ivy Baker Priest
- Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. – William Cowper
- No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth. – Robert Southey
- Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. – Richard Bach
- We only part to meet again. – John Gay
- Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I’ll miss you
Until we meet again!
- Excuse me, then! you know my heart;
But dearest friends, alas! must part.
– John Gay
- Man’s feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. – Jean Paul Richter
- Gone – flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun
From the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart.
– Alfred Tennyson
- All of us will miss you
And we would like to say
We hope this card brings you good luck
Each and every day
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. – Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan
- Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It’s the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here’s a happy one for you.
– Dale Evans
- Goodbye Image
- You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good- bye. – Unknown
- There are no good-byes, wherever we are, you’ll always be in my heart. – Anonymous
- A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
– Irish Blessing
- Can miles truly separate you from friends…. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there? – Richard Bach
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
- A friendship that can end never really began. – Publilius Syrus
- Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens. – J. R. R. Tolkien
- You and I will meet again,
When we’re least expecting it,
One day in some far off place,
I will recognize your face,
I won’t say goodbye my friend,
For you and I will meet again.
– Tom Petty
- Every goodbye is the birth of a memory. – Dutch Proverb
- Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire. – Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
- Goodbye Image
- Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. – Tryon Edwards
- A good-bye is never painful unless you’re never going to say hello again. – Anonymous
- I’ve learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
- May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that’s always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
– Irish Blessing
- Smiles, tears, of all my life! – and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. – Gilda Radner
- Maybe I could have loved you better.
Maybe you should have loved me more.
Maybe our hearts were just next in line.
Maybe everything breaks sometime.
- Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart. – Kay Knudsen
- Death is the veil which those who live call life; They sleep, and it is lifted. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
– Irish Blessing