- I’ve got some friends, some that I hardly know, but we’ve got some times I wouldn’t trade for the world. We chase down these days with the talks of where we will go.
- I hang my hopes out on the line
Will they be ready for you in time
If you leave them out too long
They’ll be withered by this song
Full stops and exclamation marks
My words stumble before I start
How far can you send emotions?
Can this bridge cross the ocean?
- To get a woman’s heart, a man must first use his own.
- Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
- Burn it down until the embers smoke on the ground. Start new, when your heart is an empty room. With walls of the deepest blue.
- To belittle is to be little.
- Why is it that as soon as we really start to get over someone they have a way of showing up?
- Life is all so crazy and god must be thoroughly entertained by all our little dances.
- Sometimes there is no next time, no time-outs, no second chances; sometimes it’s now or never.
- Some things tie your life together, with slender threads & things to treasure. Days like that should last & last.
- In a way, I know my heart is waking up, as all the walls come tumbling down.
- When you truly care for someone, you don’t look for faults. You don’t look for answers. You don’t look for mistakes. Instead, you fight the mistakes. You accept the faults and overlook the excuses. The measure of love is when you love without measure. There are rare chances that you will meet the person you love and who loves you in return. So once you have it, don’t ever let go. That chance might never come your way again.
- Fuck what a hater think, tell em it’s irrelevant. When it comes to hatin shit, tell em that I’m celibate.
- When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
- Your smile is a curve that can get a lot of things straight.
- Enjoy your youth. You’ll never be younger than you are at this very moment.
- Today I am happy because I don’t have any reason not to be.
- Learn from your past, move on, grow stronger. People are fake, but let your trust last longer. Do what you gotta do, but always stay true. And never let anyone get the best of you.
- When a man says he doesn’t know what he wants, he means he doesn’t want you but he’ll keep you around ’till he finds what he wants.
- Don’t forget to love yourself.
- We love everything that is tied up neatly, easily, and simply but when we can not find that, it scares the hell out of us, to not know the next step, or where things are headed. Being unsure is never part of our plan. But it’s those moments, the ones where you risk it and take a chance regardless of how vulnerable it makes us, that help us remember that life is larger than we’ll ever know.
- Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending.
- Hold up, hold on, don’t be scared
You’ll never change what’s been and gone
May your smile, Shine on, Don’t be scared
Your destiny may keep you warm.
- Don’t worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.
- He’s gonna be so sorry he lost you, so stop worrying. Forget the past, forget the pain, and remember what an incredible woman you are. When you do that, is when he realize what he’s lost.
- If they can’t do their part, then they don’t deserve your heart.
- Everything leaves a mark.
- Happiness is not a consequence; it’s a state of being.
- And all this he said, she said
Ain’t it funny how rumors spread?
Like I know somethin’ y’all don’t know
Man that talk is gettin’ old
You better mind your buisness, man watch your mouth
Before I have to knock that loud mouth out
I’m tired of talkin’, man y’all ain’t listening
Them ol’ dirt roads is what y’all missin’
- It’s like every time we spend time…it feels like the first time…we never spend enough time…you catch me at the worst time.
- Acknowledge me now, or lose me forever.
- If you’re planning to let me go today, make sure you’ll never come back tomorrow.
- If somebody doesn’t realize your worth, then they don’t deserve to be with you.
- I wanted everything to stay the same, but feelings fade and people change.
- If things aren’t working out and you gave your all, move on, if it comes back to you it will mean much more.
- If you’re just an option to him then moving on should be a priority for you!
- Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us.
- Time turns flames to embers you’ll have new Septembers every one of us has messed up too Minds change like the weather I hope you remember today is never too late to be brand new.
- Love it when you’re here, but I’m better when you’re gone.
- Let your waves crash down & take me away.
- You know that feeling? That feeling when you just want the right thing to fall into the right place, not only because it’s right, but because it will mean that such a thing is still possible? I want to believe that. – Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
- Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters. – John Green
- It’s so much easier to convince yourself you’re madly in love with someone when you know nothing about him. – Megan McCafferty
- Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
- Sometimes there aren’t words. The silence between us is flung wide as an ocean. But I manage to reach across it, to wrap my arms around him. – Jodi Picoult
- I turned silences and nights into words. What was unutterable, I wrote down. I made the whirling world stand still. – Arthur Rimbaud
- Fairy tales don’t tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed. – G.K. Chesterton
- His lips tasted cool and sharp, peppermint, winter, but his hands, soft on the back of my neck, promised long days and summer and forever. – Maggie Stiefvater
- I wish there were a rulebook for intimacy. Some kind of guide to tell you when you’ve crossed the line. It would be nice if you could see it coming, and I don’t know how you fit it on a map. You take it where you can get it, and keep it as long as you can. As for rules, maybe there are none. Maybe the rules of intimacy are something we have to define for ourselves. – Meredith Grey
- She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She doe not dare to be herself. – Anais Nin
- When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become…as strong as they can be. – Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto)
- Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one’s head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace. You can help me. You can open for me the portals of Death’s house, for Love is always with you, and Love is stronger than Death is. – Oscar Wilde
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain. ― Maya Angelou
- I claim you as my life mate. I belong to you. I offer my life for you. I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body. I take into my keeping the same that is yours. Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time. You are my life mate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care. – Christine Feehan
- I will remember your small room, the feel of you, the light in the window, your records, your books, our morning coffee, our noons, our nights, our bodies spilled together, sleeping, the tiny flowing currents, immediate and forever. Your leg, my leg, your arm, my arm, your smile and the warmth of you who made me laugh again. – Charles Bukowksi
- Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don’t blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love”, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. – Louis de Bernières, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin (via c0mets)
- Years of love have been forgot, in the hatred of a minute. – Edgar Allan Poe
- I stopped talking to those who never listened.
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. – Lao Tzu
- When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn’t mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over.
- One day can bend your life. – Mitch Albom (For One More Day)
- Let no man, in whatever rank or superiority, control your mind and tell you what to do. – Christopher Paolini
- Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. – Princess Diana
- A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others. – The Wizard, The Wizard of Oz
- Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship – a play between divine grace and willful self-effort. – Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
- Whoever loves you now—and you must also love yourself—will love the truth of you. – Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Angel)
- If someone really wanted you, they’d actually put some effrot into trying to get your attention, and make sacrifices for you. They wouldn’t just tell you that they want you; they’d show you in every little was possible that they want you.
- Don’t you understand that we need to be childish in order to understand? Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn’t developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don’t expect to see. – Douglas Adams
- When I was seventeen, I don’t think I even knew what love was. But when it’s right, it’s right, and you just know it. – Nicholas Sparks
- That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is. Most people love you for who you pretend to be. To keep their love, you keep pretending – performing. You get to love your pretense. It’s true, we’re locked in an image, an act – and the sad thing is, people get so used to their image, they grow attached to their masks. They love their chains. They forget all about who they really are. And if you try to remind them, they hate you for it, they feel like you’re trying to steal their most precious possession. – Jim Morrison
- In matters of self-control as we shall see again and again, speed kills. But a little friction really can save live. ~Daniel Akst
- Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome. ~Isaac Asimov
- Life is difficult and complicated and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes. ~J.K. Rowling
- Life is a long lesson in humility. ~James M. Barrie
- The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values. ~Norman Thomas
- Difficulties come when you don’t pay attention to life’s whisper. Life always whispers to you first, but if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you’ll get a scream. ~Oprah Winfrey
- Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people. ~Albert Einstein
- Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~Oscar Wilde
- Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. ~Henri Frederic Amiel
- Here are three classes of people: Those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see. ~Leondardo Da Vinci
- I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, but I call them my best friends.
- A girl and a guy can be just friends, but at one point or another they will fall for each other. Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.
- The only guy a girl can trust is her DADDY. Guys you have BIG shoes to fill because my DADDY will sure be hard to beat.
- Love is like a butterfly, hold it too tight, it’ll crush, hold it too loose, it’ll fly.
- Friends are like stars. They come and go but the first that stay are the first that glow.
- Give a mouse a cookie, he’ll want a glass of milk.
- Be more concerned about your character than your reputation. Because your character is who you are and your reputation is what others think of you.
- A heart is not a play thing. A heart is not a toy. But if you want it broken, just give it to a boy.
- What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters to what lies within us.
- A smile is a curve that can straighten out a lot of things.
- If you want love, then faithfully, practice living the principles of love… work on yourself and no one else.
- Don’t fear death but fear UNLIVED life.
- You can’t be old and wise, if you were never young and crazy.
- Life is full of surprises, but you have to open them hoping for the very best.
- To love someone is something, but to be loved by the one you love is everything.
- You found your love when you’ve found a home in a woman’s heart.
- If some things are better left unsaid, then maybe they too are better left undone.
- You never really live until you find someone worth dying for.
- To worry about what you can influence is stupid; to worry about what you can’t influence is useless.
- Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footsteps, kill nothing but time.
- In the end, life’s all about broken heart lessons learned and the memories that are made.
- Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons later.
- Life is full of years that mean nothing and moments that mean everything.
- This is your LIFE. Are you who you want to be?
- Pain is just there to remind you that you’re still alive.
- Somewhere there’s someone, who dreams about your smile, and finds in your presence, that life is worth while. So, when you are lonely, remember it’s true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you.
- No matter how serious life gets, you always need those few people that you can always be be completely stupid with.
- Your biggest challenge isn’t someone else. It’s the ache in your lungs, and the burning in your legs and the voice inside you that yells CAN’T. Don’t listen. Push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper CAN. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
- Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life.
- There are three things that should never be broken: Hearts – Friendships – Promises.
- You will never know how much a person loves another. Why? Because as each day passes, your love for one another grows more and more.
- Handle yourself with your head, handle others with your heart.
- Time is the most important thing in the world. It is the only thing that can fix my broken heart. It is the only thing that keeps me going, and it is the only thing that keeps my hopes alive.
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- No one can ever promise you they will never hurt you, because at one time or another it will happen. The real promise is if the time you spent together will be worth the pain in the end.
- Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
- Time can be your worst enemy or your best friend.
- The perfect time will never come; never wait for perfection just make it.
- Time is a wheel in constant motion, so you just have to ride with it and take all the bumps and turns. Just focus on the destination and it will get you through.
- The only thing that cannot be recycled is time wasted.
- The biggest mistake you can make is to drift apart from someone, who you once had the time of your life with.
- Sometimes life gets so hard to deal with. And the only escape is to put on your headphones and blast the music until everything goes away.
- Take too many pictures, laugh too much, love like you’ve never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back.
- The hardest part isn’t finding who we need to be. It’s being content with who we are.
- In this life, we’re constantly fighting the battle of who we are & who we wanna be.
- Everything happens for a reason. But the hard part is trying to figure out what that reason is.
- It’s funny because when you do something right, no one remembers. But when you do something wrong, no one forgets.
- You`ll never know what it feels like to get up if you have never fallen down.
- The future always comes just a little before you are ready to give up the past.
- Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
- People are going to talk, lie, & stab you in the back. All you can do is remember the truth.
- Every moment in time gives us the chance to love, to learn, to dream, and to become more than we ever imagined.
- People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
- You attract people by the qualities you display. You keep them by the qualities you possess.
- Sing from the heart…dream from the soul….smile at the stars…and love like you’ll never let go…
- If you live your life being afraid of what people are going to think of you for every little thing that you do then you might as well not be living. Go ahead, make a fool of yourself, as long as you have fun while doing it!
- We do not know the value of our moments until they have become a memory.
- Happiness comes in many forms: in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else’s dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed.
- There are certain people who are not meant to fit into your life, no matter how much you want them to.
- The greatest love is that of God. To love otherwise is mere imperfection.
- You can’t control the things that happen to you but you can control the way you react to them. It’s all perception.
- Just because you can read, write and do a little math, doesn’t mean that you’re entitled to conquer the universe. – Kurt Vonnegut
- Face your life, its pain, its pleasure, leave no path untaken. – Neil Gaiman
- Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love. – Rainer Maria Rilke
- How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. – Annie Dillard
- Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. – Elbert Hubbard
- Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person maybe proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us. – Jane Austen
- People universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you are fortunate enough. But that’s not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it… – Eat, Pray, Love
- Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. – Benjamin Disraeli
- In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about ever again. But you do. – C.S. Lewis
- I do it because I can. I can because I want too. I want to because you said I couldn’t.
- Fate only takes you to a certain point after that it’s up to you to make it happen.
- Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness. – Ayn Rand
- It’s lovely to know that the world can’t interfere with the inside of your head.
- I guess that’s the beauty of books. When they finish they don’t really finish. – Markus Zusak
- If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. – Vince Lombardi
- The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget. – Thomas Stephen Szasz
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. – Winston S. Churchill
- We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It’s a death trap. – Anthony Hopkins
- For every heart that finds love there is a heart that cries.
For every dream that is reborn ; there is a dream that dies.
For every day filled with sun ; there is a day of rain.
For every hour filled with joy ; there is an hour of pain.
For every smile upon a face ; there is a tear to cry.
For every hello you say ; there is a sad goodbye
- Always walk around like you have on an invisible tiara. – Paris Hilton
- Everyone knows that the seasons change, its unavoidably obvious. But for some reason, everyone tries to ignore the fact that people do to.
- You`ll never see the stars if you`re always looking down.
- When someone is born, someone dies. Someone laughs, and someone cries, If you love someone, let them know, cuz if they leave tomorrow, they will never know.
- At the end of the day, your the only person in charge of your happiness.
- Fight for the things you could never afford to lose and replace.
- Don’t let the past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.
- If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never get it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.
- Just be yourself, and if people don’t like it, well f*** them. – Paris Hilton
- You become a worrier by practicing worry. You can become free of worry by practicing the opposite and stronger habit of faith. With all the strength and perseverance you can command, start practicing faith. – Norman Vincent Peale
- The only rule is don’t be boring. Dress cute wherever you go. Life’s too short to blend in. – Paris Hilton
- Opening up to the wrong person is like putting ammo in their hands. – Lisa Kleypas
- You should always be careful on how you choose your friends because they are the ones that will back you up one day.
- Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. – Ashley Smith
- Worry is like a rocking chair–it gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you anywhere. – Dorothy Galyean
- Most people are searching for happiness outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way that you think. – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- TEARS are the words the heart CAN`T simply say.
- I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. – Bill Cosby
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
- Being brave is when you have to do something because you know it is right, but at the same time, you are afraid to do it, because it might hurt or whatever. But you do it anyway. – Meg Cabot
- Cutting people out of your life is easy, keeping them in is hard. – Walter Dean Myers
- Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before—more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle. – Charles Dickens
- It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime… – Khaled Hosseini
- I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book. – JK Rowling
- The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- I don’t want to be married just to be married. I can’t think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can’t talk to, or worse, someone I can’t be silent with. – Mary Ann Shaffer
- Taking no chances means wasting your dreams. – Ellen Hopkins
- You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him. – Audrey Hepburn
- Make an effort to try something new every single day.