Don’t let a lack of funds keep you from having romantic dates with your spouse. By using your imagination, you can add some fun and excitement to your marriage even on a limited budget. Here are 12 ideas to get you started:
- Go out for a burger and fries and take in a movie at a nearby dollar theater.
- Put the children to bed early and give each other an all over body massage using warm body oil or lotion.
- Have a picnic in the park. After you eat, lay on a blanket and watch the clouds.
- Turn your living room into a theater. Dim the lights and eat buttered popcorn as you watch a movie.
- Plan a camping trip. If your children are going with you, you may want to provide them with their own tent so you can enjoy some privacy.
- Put your children at a sitter’s house for the night and have a romantic date at home. Get dressed up and enjoy a candlelight dinner.
- Play an exciting board game- preferably one for couples.
- Create a romantic retreat. Change the look and feel of your bedroom by using different colored light bulbs, candles, flowers, and extra pillows on the bed. Bring in some food and have a date in your bedroom.
- Take advantage of the free music concerts or festivals offered in your city.
Pack a lunch and go for a bike ride. When you get tired, stop and have a picnic.
- Plan a romantic evening at home. Before the date, each spouse can go shopping in a department or dollar store and spend $5 or $10 on things to make the evening special.
- Go out for lunch rather than dinner. Often, restaurants will charge more for dinner than lunch. You can save even more by drinking water and skipping dessert.
- You can have fun in your relationship even when you don’t have the money to go on expensive dates. Use this list to spark your own ideas and do something fun with your spouse today.