Medical studies show that people in better relationships live longer, healthier lives! Forget exercise, vitamins or meditating. The real secret to staying young is love
- Call to see if you can pick up anything on the way home from work.
Send a dozen roses: 11 red roses and 1 white one. The note: “In every bunch there’s one who stands out – and you are that one.”
- Float a love note in a bottle in the bathtub.
- Call him at work and say: “Hello handsome! Are you free tonight?”
- “The art of love … is largely the art of persistence” Dr Albert Ellis
- Write him/her a check for one million kisses
- Get tulips and attach this note: “I’ve got two-lips waiting for you!”
- Something for the anniversary…. a lottery ticket and a note: “I hit the jackpot when I married you.”
- Hire a masseuse to give your partner a professional massage at home.
- On cold mornings warm up her car.
- Bring flowers home for no reason (well, the reason is love).
- Give sunflowers – plus Stevie Wonder’s song “You are the sunshine of my life”
- Bring home one flower a day for one solid month.
- Collect romantic and inspirational quotes. Write them in a journal and give it to your partner as a gift. You can find dozens of quotes right here.
- Favorite gifts for women: jewelry, perfume, flowers. So guys, open up the wallet :-)
- Trace “I love you” on a stick of butter or margarine.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Have pillows embroidered with your names, and get monogramed pillow covers.
- You can also get some heart-shaped pillows.
- Always have tapes of romantic music in your car.
- When window shopping, secretly note what your patner likes then return later to pick up that something special.
- Put a new piece of jewelry in her jewelry box and wait for her to notice it.
- Leave a trail of your clothes from the front door to the bedroom.
- Kiss every square inch of her body S-L-O-W-L-Y !
- Hide a love note in a bottle of vitamins. The note will say: “Try some vitamin L.”
- Scatter rose petals all over the bed.
- Cover the room with helium balloons.
- Surprise her with a crystal vase full of flowers.
- Write notes on Post-it notes and stick them around the house.
- Don’t buy cheap lingerie unless you plan to rip it off her in passionate lovemaking.
- Toss a coin in a fountain and make a wish together.
- For parents only: spend a whole afternoon taking photograps of your family.
- Call her at work and ask: “Is this the office of the most beautiful woman in the world?”
- Spend a second honeymoon in the same place you went to the first time. Same hotel, same Room, and tell the hotel manager – you’ll receive extra attention.
- Hide a love note in his pants pocket.
- Other places to hide a small note:
* under the pillow
* under a dinner plate
* in the refrigerator
* in her jewelry box
* in his shaving kit
* between the pages he/she is reading
* in the take-out box
* in the medicine cabinet
- Guys: know her dress size, shoe and stocking size, blouse and nightgown size, bra and panty size, pants and coat size, and of course her finger size (for rings that fit).
Gals: know his coat size, shoe and hat size, shirt and pants size, finger size (for bowling balls that fit)…
- Send a big box via a courier with a tiny gift packed in the middle.
- Romantic views for the two of you:
* Paris from the top of the Eiffel tower
* The Golden Gate Bridge at sunset
* The Grand Canyon at sunrise
* The Pacific ocean from a Hawaiian hut
* The Carribean – from the deck of a cruise ship
* Niagara Falls – from aboard the the Maid of the Mist
* The moon rising over the Fiji Islands
* The canals of Venice, Italy, viewed from a gondola
- NEVER, never, never say “I told you so”.
- Find a four-leaf clover and present it together with this note: “I got lucky when I found you.”
- Mail a lock of your hair to your lover.
- Ask him to pick a number between 1 and 50, then reward him with that number of kisses.
- Make a habit of taking a stroll after dinner every evening.
- “Women fall in love through their ears, men fall in love through their eyes.” Woodrow Wyatt.
- Rent a houseboat for a mini-vacation.
- When dining out, share everything: your meals and desserts.
- Make love on top of the washer/dryer (while it’s running).
- Attach a note on the TV remote: “Turn me on istead!”
- Before getting out of bed, face your partner, give him/her a kiss and say: “I’m so thankful I have you in my life.”
- Sign your letters: “Forever and a day”
- Attend a lousy movie, sit in the balcony, and make out in the dark.
- Place a heart-shaped sticker on your wristwatch to remind you to call.
- On your lover’s birthday send his/her mother a “Thank you” card.
- Hide a pair of earrings in a box of chocolates.
- Celebrate the anniversary of when you first met.
- Shower together by candlelight.
- Warm her bath towel in the dryer for her.
- Use the little strips of paper from Hershey’s kisses as coupons redeemable for one kiss each.
- Plan a “Mystery date” for sometime next month.
- Tell your mate that you – love, adore, admire, cherish, desire, want, need, prize, esteem, idolize, revere, treasure him/her.
- Cuddle in front of a campfire.
- Boredom comes from bad attitude, not from familiarity!
- Surprise him/her at the office – wearing an overcoat with nothing on underneath.
- Leave written clues that lead her to a restaurant where you are waiting for her.
- Hide a little gift for her so she’ll find it during a walk together.
- Leave a note: “I know we are soulmates because…..”
- Send postcards, greeting cards, an envelope with lingerie; send a love letter via express mail…
- “Imagination is more important than knowledge” – Albert Einstein
- Give her your jacket when she is chilly.
- Nothing is impossible to a willing heart, so let your imagination go wild…
- Guys: Hold her dinner chair.
- “One does not fall ‘in’ or ‘out’ of love. One grows in love” – Leo Buscaglia
- Swing together on playground swings.
- Replace the lightbulbs in your bedroom with candles.
- Get tickets for an event and keep it a secret until the day arrives.
- Buy her an outfit while she’s trying it on; let her wear it out of the store.
- Hide a greeting card under your partner’s pillow.
- Decorate with a Christmas tree ornament that symbolizes your partner’s hobby or passion.
- Arrange a surprise day off of work for your partner.
- Surprise your partner at work with a single red rose.
- Slip a little love note into his wallet, in between the dollar bills.
- Serve breakfast in bed using your finest china and crystal.
- Drip chocolate syrup on selected body parts before lovemaking.
- Be waiting for him in the bathtub when he returns from work.