- I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. – Unknown
- For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
– Rosemonde Gerard
- Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. – Unknown
- Love – a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. – Unknown
- I claim there ain’t
As great as Valentine.
– Ogden Nash
- Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. – Robert Heinlein
- The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along. – Jalal ad-Din Rumi
- Life’s greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved. – Victor Hugo
- Love is the only gold. – Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- When love is not madness, it is not love. – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- Many are the starrs I see, but in my eye no starr like thee. – English saying
- Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine! – Thomas Hood
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. – Albert Einstein
- I don’t pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.
- When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever.
- Each moment of a happy lover’s hour is worth an age of dull and common life. – Aphra Behn
- To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. – Karen Sunde
- A life without love is like a year without summer. – Swedish Proverb
- If I could be anything in the world I would want to be a teardrop because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.