Love quotes for Valentine’s Day are a woderful idea to show your parter how much you love him/her. Because sometimes nothing can describe love better than a beautiful love quote.
So here are some Valentine’s Day love quotes for you. Enjoy the quotes!
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with – you marry the person who you cannot live without.”
- “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.”
- “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.”
- “I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.”
-Henry Ward Beecher
- “True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.”
- “Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.”
- “To love another person is to see the face of God.”
- “Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.”
“Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole.”
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time.”
- “Love cures people – both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.”
-Dr. Karl Menninger
- “To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best.”
-William M. Thackeray
- “If you love someone, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be. If they don’t, their love was never yours to begin with…”
- “Some love lasts a lifetime. True love lasts forever.”
- “If love is great, and there are no greater things, then what I feel for you must be the greatest.”
- “The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love!”
- “Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.”
- “Within you, I lose myself. Without you, I find myself wanting to be lost again.”
- The love that lasts longest is the love that is never returned.
- Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it.
- Truth exists for the wise, beauty for the feeling heart.
- Think about it, there must be higher love Down in the heart or hidden in the stars above
Without it, life is a wasted time Look inside your heart, I’ll look inside mine.
- Love that we can not have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest and feels the strongest…
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint
- Love – a terribly misunderstood emotion, although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.
- Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
- Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
- “True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away.”
- “Who says love never lives? Maybe we’ve never lived.”
- Night and day, you are the one.
- ~ Cole Porter
- The glory of the day was in her face, The beauty of the night was in her eyes.
- ~ James Weldon Johnson
- You have opened up the prison gates of my womanhood. And all the passion that was unsatisfied in me for so many years, leaped into a wild reckless storm boundless
as the sea.
- ~ Emma Goldman
- One doesn’t fall in love; one grows into love, and love grows in him.
- ~ Karl Menninger
- I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
- ~ Pablo Neruda
- Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling common sense.
- ~ Helen Rowland
- “Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds.”
- “If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you’ve made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.”